Mr. Blanchard partnered with The Jordan Company to create Jordan-Blanchard Capital, LLC (“Jordan-Blanchard”) in August of 2011 and serves as Chairman, Board of Advisors.
Prior to creating Jordan-Blanchard, he served as Chairman of the Board and CEO of Synovus Financial Corp., a multi-billion dollar financial services company, based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus bank divisions provide commercial and retail banking, investment and mortgage services to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee.
In 1999, Synovus was selected by Fortune Magazine as the #1 Best Company to Work for in America.
In 2006, he formed a partnership with Columbus State University’s Cunningham Center for Leadership Development to create the Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum. The mission of the forum is to provide Columbus, and the region, the opportunity to interact with some of the most influential political, military and business leaders in the world to create a synergy that raises both the local and national standard for leadership development. Previous speakers at the forum include: President George W. Bush, former First Lady Laura Bush, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Senators Sam Nunn and Zell Miller, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, author Ken Blanchard, author John Maxwell, former Secretary of State Colin Powell, General David Petraeus and former U.S. Attorney General Griffin Bell. “One of the greatest gifts I can offer to our country is an investment in Leadership. We want to provide a forum where leaders can be exposed to the best and brightest minds in the world today,” said Blanchard.
Mr. Blanchard earned both a BBA in Business Administration and LLB from the University of Georgia.
- Chairman of the Board and CEO, Retired, Synovus Financial Corp.
- Lead Director, Retired, Total System Services, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Chick-fil-A Corp.
- Emeritus Director, Columbus Bank and Trust Company
- Lead Director, Retired, AT&T Corporation
- Retired Director, W. C. Bradley Co.
- Chairman, Global Teen Challenge Advisory Board
- Chairman, Teen Challenge, Southeast Region Board of Directors
- Member Emeritus, Terry Dean’s Advisory Council, University of Georgia
- Member, Building Terry Campaign Cabinet, University of Georgia
- Member, Lead Like Jesus National Advisory Board
- Ex Officio Member, Georgia Historical Society Board of Curators
- Trustee, Columbus State University Foundation
- Director, EQUIP
- Director, John Maxwell Leadership Foundation
- Past Trustee and Past Chairman, Georgia Research Alliance
- Past Director and Past Chairman, Financial Services Roundtable
- Past Director and Past Chairman, BITS (formerly Bankers Information Technology Secretariat)
- Past Director, American Bankers Association
- Ken Blanchard Servant Leadership Award, World LEADERS Group, 2016
- Inducted as a Georgia Trustee, Office of the Governor and the Georgia Historical Society, 2016
- Chattahoochee Valley Sports Hall of Fame inductee “Class of 2016”
- Alumni Merit Award for distinguished and loyal service, The University of Georgia, 2015
- Impact Award for “Building Better Lives,” New Horizons Community Services Board, 2014
- The Sue Marie and Bill Turner Servant Leadership Award, The Pastoral Institute, 2013
- Divine Servant Leadership Award, Lead Like Jesus, 2012
- FinTech Lifetime Achievement Award, Technology Association of Georgia, 2010
- Honorary Chairman, Financial Services Roundtable Scholarship Foundation, 2008-2009
- Designated First Presidential Fellow, Columbus State University, 2009
- Charter Recipient, Georgia Ethics in Business Award, 2009. The award is now known as the Blanchard Award in Business Ethics
- Southeastern University Doctorate of Humane Letters, 2009
- The Eddie Sams Award, University of Georgia Golf Team, 2008
- Rozier Dedwylder Leadership Award, Uptown Columbus Inc., 2008
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Technology Association of Georgia, 2007
- Woodruff Award, Columbus Chamber of Commerce, 2007
- VanLandingham Award, Georgia Council on Economic Education, 2006
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Unity Award, Delta Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. Educational Foundation, 2006
- “Most Influential Georgians Hall of Fame,” Georgia Trend magazine, 2006
- “25 Most Influential People in Financial Services,” US Banker magazine, 2005
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honoree Award, 2005
- “Georgian of the Year,” Georgia Trend magazine, 2003
- “Most Respected CEO” in the state, Georgia Trend magazine, 1997